Based on The Optimist’s Creed by Christian D. Larson:
I promise myself…
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
- To find something special in every person I interact with and make them feel important.
- To remember that most people choose to be good and have positive intentions. And to cut some slack to myself and others when we make mistakes.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
- To do the best I can with what I have now. And remember that I already have everything I need to get started in pursuing what I want.
- To remember that God will always provide us with what we need. And that this will always be better than what we want.
- To act in every opportunity I find to help. And to spread the seeds of kindness and loving words so these may bloom and multiply.
- To forget the mistakes of the past, press on to the greater achievements of the future and to celebrate the success of others as much I do my own.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times, look at every sentient being I meet in the eyes, greet them by their name and give them a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I will have none left to criticize others.
- To remember that all pain, hurt, anger, resentment, and judgments are in the past. And that I can choose whether to bring them to the present or to replace them with love.
- To think well of myself and others and to proclaim this fact to the world not in loud words, but in great deeds.
- To remember that we are already perfect, literally “created in God’s image. And that the Universe will be on our side, so long as we stay true to the best that is in all of us.